POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : i can't seem to get povman shaders to compile : Re: i can't seem to get povman shaders to compile Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: i can't seem to get povman shaders to compile
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Mar 2001 13:49:46
Message: <3ABF8F4B.3D6315A0@gmx.de>
Ryan Constantine wrote:

> i have the cpp.exe from the bmrt distribution.  is that the problem?  do
> i need to use another one (like the suggested lcc version)?  i've
> checked the docs that come with povman and i just can't figure out what
> i'm doing wrong.  i can compile shaders for bmrt no problem using bmrt's
> slc.  but every time i use povslc i get an error from the cpp and then i
> get a 'compiled' shader that is 0kb and won't work.
>
> help!

I have never used shaders requiring cpp until now, does this problem only
occur with cpp involved?

You could try some things:

- Use the povslc coming with Megapov MCP, it's different (compiled with
cygwin) and maybe works better.
- Use lcc or any other cpp like from Borland C or cygwin.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>