POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POVMan 0.71.3 : Re: POVMan 0.71.3 Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVMan 0.71.3
From: Christophe Bouffartigue
Date: 23 Mar 2001 04:01:15
Message: <3ABB10DA.3373013E@nanterre.marelli.fr>
Andy Cocker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the new Windows exe version 0.71.3. Having lots of problems with
> Clothray stuff.
>
> I downloaded 'nappe.pov' from the English tutorial, and it won't run...I got
> the
> following error:
>
> #declare vect = clothsim <----ERROR
>
> C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.1\Clothray\wpovman\nappe.pov:42:
> error: Cannot assign uninitialized identifier.
>
> It seems this scene file is for the earlier version of Clothray, and hasn't
> been updated.

Yes, that was the case. Updated now.

> I tried changing the file by following the tutorial, but had
> lots of problems. gravity -.4*y and damping .9 give errors when used.

What kind of errors ?
If it's errors in the resulting triangles (coordinates like +INF.000000
(that's the "NaN is not a number" equivalent....)), try lowering
"intervals".

> I finally got the simulation to run, but then received an error saying that
> there were no triangles in the mesh.

Hu ?  Try the updated scenes, I've just run them without problems on a
unix platform, and I think that it's OK on Windows (I see no reason it
won't).

Thanks for typos, corrected now.

Bouf.