POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity2-Now with "ambient Normals" : Re: Radiosity2-Now with "ambient Normals" Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity2-Now with "ambient Normals"
From: Ken
Date: 20 Mar 2001 23:38:27
Message: <3AB830C6.FFA7FEBC@pacbell.net>
Jan Walzer wrote:

> Hehe ... I asked this myself ...
> The Heaven is blue ...
> so the most ambient is blue ...
> The sun is yellow ...
> so where the sun hits the sphere, there is the ambient and the sun
> (blue + yellow) that gives white ...
>
> The shadow of the sphere, that is not lit by the sun is blue, because
> of the ambient ...
> below the sphere there is no ambient, but the sun brightens some parts
> so it gets yellow ...
>
> You understand ?

No, I don't. I have never seen any situation in real life that this
would represent. I think radiosity does a poor job of realistic
ligthing representations and is over rated. I further think those who
use it just imagine that it gives a good lighting model when in reality
it fails the reality test. Further more...

Well that's what I think anyway :)

--
Ken Tyler