POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alright, here's my IRTC WIP! (15Kbu) : Re: Alright, here's my IRTC WIP! (15Kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alright, here's my IRTC WIP! (15Kbu)
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 19 Mar 2001 17:29:33
Message: <3AB6877A.211A512D@videotron.ca>
Ben Birdsey wrote:

> Here goes my attempt ar using "cleverness" in criticism...
>
> Good:
>
> I really like the modeling you did on the snow fort.  It has just the
> right bumpiness, etc.
>
> I like the mountains and the use of fog.
>
> "Bad":
>
> Some of the elements are just too perfect.  The flags are really tall
> and the same height,

That's going to change.*

> the fabric looks like it was bought (i.e. not made by Calvin).

That too.*

> The snow balls are stacked too neatly and are exactly the same size, etc.

As well as that.*

> It looks pretty desolate, kinda like it's in the middle of nowhere.
> Maybe you could put in some trees or something. There are some good tree
> macros out there.

As I said to Geoff, trees are on their way.

> "Ugly":
>
> The other thing is that there is too much crand in the picture.  The far
> away snow just wouldn't reflect the light that way.  Maybe you could use
> some kind of material_map of texture_map or something to reduce the
> crand farther away.

It's not crand, it's a crackle normal, as I mentioned in an earlier
post, it looks a lot better with Anti-aliasing method 2.

> I have no idea what the yellow thing is poking up above the fort.  Is it
> Calvin's hat???

Yes it is.  Still working on it.*

> Plus, where is Hobbes?

Hrm... On a scouting mission?

> Encouragement:
> Keep going, this will be pretty cool when it is fully developed.

Thanks.

* That's why it's called a "work in progress"!
--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
    flabreque     | terrestrial intelligence is that they never