POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alright, here's my IRTC WIP! (15Kbu) : Re: Alright, here's my IRTC WIP! (15Kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alright, here's my IRTC WIP! (15Kbu)
From: Ben Birdsey
Date: 19 Mar 2001 12:43:03
Message: <3AB6464A.B0C02EAC@mail.com>
Here goes my attempt ar using "cleverness" in criticism...

Good:

I really like the modeling you did on the snow fort.  It has just the
right bumpiness, etc.

I like the mountains and the use of fog.

"Bad":

Some of the elements are just too perfect.  The flags are really tall
and the same height, the fabric looks like it was bought (i.e. not made
by Calvin).  The snow balls are stacked too neatly and are exactly the
same size, etc.

It looks pretty desolate, kinda like it's in the middle of nowhere.
Maybe you could put in some trees or something. There are some good tree
macros out there.

"Ugly":

The other thing is that there is too much crand in the picture.  The far
away snow just wouldn't reflect the light that way.  Maybe you could use
some kind of material_map of texture_map or something to reduce the
crand farther away.

I have no idea what the yellow thing is poking up above the fort.  Is it
Calvin's hat???  Plus, where is Hobbes?

Encouragement:
Keep going, this will be pretty cool when it is fully developed.