POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) : Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Work in Progress (about 125k)
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 19 Mar 2001 07:57:07
Message: <3AB60152.70715AE9@videotron.ca>
Geoff Wedig wrote:

> Well, I may not be HE Day, but that's all the more reason for me to ask for
> other people's thoughts.  So here's my current IRTC WIP.  Sorry about the size
> of the image for those with smallish monitors, but I needed to go that big
> (1024x768) to get the detail I wanted. ;)
>
> So thoughts?  Criticisms (constructive, of course)?

I love the stone texture.  Is it just an image_map, or is it procedural?

I think the picture should explain a bit better what the person is
doing.  Is he throwing a spell at a beast in the mist, or simply dumping
his dinner left-overs?

IMHO, it needs more pipes and stuff.

The bluish mist should extend further in the distance.  Right now, it
looks like an Hollywood set with a wall behind the castle (unless you're
going for a '30's B-movie feel).

That is all.

--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
    flabreque     | terrestrial intelligence is that they never