POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 5 (50K) : Re: Take 5 (50K) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 5 (50K)
From: H E  Day
Date: 18 Mar 2001 23:28:10
Message: <3AB58A91.30AD60BB@heday.freeservers.com>
> May I ask something? Is your philosophy to reuse only the things you
> have found to "work great"? I mean, a lot of POV'ers seem to experiement
> with new things all the time.. But maybe you mostly stick with things
> you already succesfully invented; continuing to use them? (This includes
> textures, principles, modelling and lighting)

Hmm.  I don't think so.   My images may have a similar style, but I don't
think I don't experiment with every new image.  The only thing that may
transfer between images is snippets of trace() code and maybe some lighting
setups (that are quickly altered).
I usually just start with a black text screen and just start typing.  When I
get to a point where I think the result might look good, I hit the render
button.  Case in point -  I built the station from the ground up without
rendering it once (no texturing or landing pads...) .  I guess I can just
visualize it. ;)

> I'm just thinking about how you acheive these great results, moreover in
> a short amount of time, with a relative slow computer..

Actually, I'm using a P133 instead of my P200. :) Patience is key.

> And may I humbly
> ask, if you could share the water texture with us? Please. It's the best
> POV water I've seen so far.

I will. When I post Take 6, the water code will be right there. :)

Ta.

H.E. Day
<><