POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 4 (100K) : Re: Take 4 (100K) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 4 (100K)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 17 Mar 2001 20:50:59
Message: <3AB413AC.D7D65C13@faricy.net>
Geoff Wedig wrote:

> As for this pic, I like the rocks but the pray looks a little too smooth
> compared to the highly variable falls nearby.  The station position is nice,
> since it affords a much better view, though I really liked the floating
> aspect and now it looks like it's standing on a tall tower.  Not sure what
> to do about this, as moving it to center frame will make the picture too
> symmetrical.

I didn't really notice that. It needs some kind of visible termination, or the
start of one (like tapering or fragmenting (like at the top)). Whatever the haze
at bottom-right is, pull it back some.

> You said to ignore the boxes, so I will, though in the far
> right, it looks like the water texture goes funny, going from the hazy fuzz
> into a smoother texture.  This might be caused by the boxes, but just in
> case, I'm calling it to your attention.

I thought that was some sort of atmospheric effect...
What's with the ring on the left side of the waterfall?