POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Difficult simple object : Difficult simple object Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Difficult simple object
From: Dan Johnson
Date: 14 Mar 2001 18:44:53
Message: <3AB00413.F914A59D@hotmail.com>
I'm trying to make three hemispheres with different colors, and have
their overlap be a mixed color.  The first image is something I made in
gimp that illustrates the effect I want.  The second image is one of my
better attempts to make it.  I'm sure I could make it with seven
different csgs, but that would make some of the more complicated stuff I

would like to do Much more complicated.  With the image I rendered uses
media, I had to vary the diameters of the hemispheres to avoid a
coincidence surface.  I thought that media wouldn't get that bug.  Any
ideas of how to do this simply.

--
Dan Johnson

http://www.geocities.com/zapob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'colormerge.gif' (5 KB) Download 'spherical_triangle.jpg' (8 KB)

Preview of image 'colormerge.gif'
colormerge.gif

Preview of image 'spherical_triangle.jpg'
spherical_triangle.jpg