POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Different result between POV3.1 and MegaPOV : Re: Different result between POV3.1 and MegaPOV Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Different result between POV3.1 and MegaPOV
From: Jonathan Rafael Ghiglia
Date: 14 Mar 2001 15:24:45
Message: <3AAFD37B.276B6189@libero.it>
I rendered an image with some blob objects made of metal. I used reflection
type 1 and ior 9 to get fresnel reflection, but I had to kill the render after
57 hours...
The very same scene without metal textures took one hour to render and I don't
think the reflection should have effected the render time so strongly...