POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : procedural patina (approx 19kbbu) : Re: procedural patina (approx 19kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:29:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: procedural patina (approx 19kbbu)
From: Ryan Constantine
Date: 14 Mar 2001 01:49:56
Message: <3AAF150F.7A97BACC@yahoo.com>
>Ben Paschke wrote:
>
> Hello good people,

hey, what about bad people?  j/k.  so i've started playing around with
proximity patterns thanks to you.  i'm getting some promising results.
i was wondering if you'd mind sharing the brown texture you used.  it
seems a lot more 'cloudy' than i've been able to get for an unrelated
project and i could really use a shove in the right direction.  also,
have you had time to test proximity patterns on 'real' objects yet?
this one i'm trying to do is taking forever.  there are about 100 (i
think) objects in my csg. that's not a lot in my opinion, so if it slows
down this much for 100, 1000, or more would kill me.  have you found
whether that has anything to do with render time?  my basic textures are
simple, so i can't imagine them to be the problem.  have you tried any
other variations?  how about messing with the numbers for samples, and
bailout?  how about the other types?  if so, maybe you could post
several small pics comparing the results.

thanks for your help.