POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity WIP2 (~186kau) : Re: Radiosity WIP2 (~186kau) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity WIP2 (~186kau)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Mar 2001 11:06:12
Message: <3AAE4573.5812256B@gmx.de>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> I left this one rendering overnight (11h 15m). I turned the radiosity
> settings way down, to about count 350 (I'll pump this up for the final), but
> I also lowered the error_bound to half of what it was before. I also made
> the normals' bump_size larger (except on the cloth) and I flipped the sky
> colors as Xplo suggested. I made the walls too thick this time, so I'll make
> them thinner in the next render. I would like to get started on adding more
> objects to the scene. I'm pretty happy with the radiosity, so I really won't
> much anything there. If anyone sees anything that should be fixed, let me
> know. Oh, I also hope to add some focal blur. That always helps. (Right? :)
>
>  [Image]

Looks good.

The composition and lighting reminds me of:

Subject: Radiosity - interior scene test (90 kbu)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:29:24
From: Gilles Tran <tra### [at] inapginrafr>

I don't really agree with Xplo about the sky.  It should be brighter
towards the sun and towards the horizon.

Some ground outside the building should be added too, the bright blue at
the front part of the ceiling seems to be caused by 'sky' below the
building.

I'm not sure about focal blur (what do you want to blur in this scene?)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>