POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space Marines (tm) : Re: Space Marines (tm) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Marines (tm)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Mar 2001 06:23:04
Message: <3AACB197.4D96A2AD@gmx.de>
Rainer Klaffehn wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Here's my first (nearly :-) complete render. Though I'm with PoV-Ray since its
beginning -- I even used DKB-Trace -- I never realy got a scene done. Maybe this time.
Comments are welcome and apreciated.

> Stats: used radiosity with AA 0.3 (method 2) and quite some MegaPoV features. It
took 9h:26m to render on my AMD-K6 III/400 (128Mb). All objects are handcoded, except
the heads and skulls for decorations, which are done with SPatch.

It looks good, although i would usually expect quite different effects
when radiosity is used.  Most shadow parts are quite uniform in
brightness, but it should be much darker for example below the stuff on
the floor and left of the middle guy.  Are you sure all objects use finish
{ ambient  0.0 }?

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>