POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A little something I've been working on (~120kau) : Re: A little something I've been working on (~120kau) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little something I've been working on (~120kau)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 12 Mar 2001 03:09:18
Message: <3AAC84F9.84F32366@unforgettable.com>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> It's not great, but it's not so bad either, so I decided to post it. :) I
> hope you all like it. It's still very much a work in progress. I want to add
> some chairs, some stuff on the table, a few potted plants on the wall to the
> right and maybe some background buildings and focal_blur.

Since it's a radiosity pic, having more stuff in there for the "light"
to bounce off of and creep around will make a big difference (not
catastrophically.. I mean, it'll add to the realism and that sort of thing).

That back wall sure seems thin, though, judging from the edges of the
holes.. and why is your sky getting lighter as it goes up? As always,
the walls could use a little roughing, and that goes double for the
floor, unless the owner of this "hallway" is a compulsive neat-freak. ^_-

> BTW, did you know
> that 1600 is the maximum count you can use?

I found that out a while back. Not sure why there's a limit, though. If
you need to increase the quality even more, there are other variables
you can pump up (nearest_count, for instance, and there's another one
too but I forget which one).

-Xplo