POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Different result between POV3.1 and MegaPOV : Different result between POV3.1 and MegaPOV Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Different result between POV3.1 and MegaPOV
From: Micha Riser
Date: 10 Mar 2001 16:19:24
Message: <3AAA9A98.2B33B38C@gmx.net>
The following scene gives quite different reflections in the official pov3.1g and
versions of MegaPOV. I tried PvMegaPOV 0.7 and MpovPlus 0.5, they both gave the
different rendering from the official. I posted them in p.b.i.

I don't know exactly which result is the more realistic one. Though I would like
to know why there is this difference. Megapov also takes 3 times longer to render
and reports much more reflections in the stats.

- Micha

// begin code

#include "glass.inc"
#include "colors.inc"

global_settings{max_trace_level 50 adc_bailout 1/32}

camera
{
location <0,2,-3>
look_at <0,0,1.>
}

light_source
{  0,  color 1
  translate <1,2.5,-2>
}

cylinder{0,<0,1,0>,1
texture{
        pigment { color rgbf <0.98, 0., 0., 0.9> }
        finish {
                diffuse 0.2
                reflection 0.5
                specular 0.8