POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : yet another mengersponge... : Re: yet another mengersponge... Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:12:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yet another mengersponge...
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 9 Mar 2001 11:38:42
Message: <3AA90733.A7C66D85@aetec.ee>
Bonsai wrote:
> Maybe this is a good scene to test the distribute render techniques
> currently discussed in povray.general in the large-render-thread. Parsing
> time is very short compared to render time (parsing time about 30 seconds,
> render time 2 days)

What computer (how fast) was used to render such picture? Which
algorithm was used? I managed to render menger with same recursion level
and 800x600 (AA0.3) just little over 12 minutes when isosurface was used
(this was when shader was used for calculation, for as it seems, shader
will outperform user's iso functions).