POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smoothly Blurred Patterns - blur2.jpeg (1/1) : Re: Smoothly Blurred Patterns - blur2.jpeg (1/1) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoothly Blurred Patterns - blur2.jpeg (1/1)
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 8 Mar 2001 21:25:18
Message: <3AA83F61.739CC3BF@istar.ca>
Tony[B] wrote:

> Dang! Quick as usual! That's a very good thing. :)
>
> Interesting pattern... Um, can you mention at least one case in which we
> would actually need this or it would be hard to do any other way?

I need this all the time.

I often make textures by employing the repeat warp functions, especially
for concrete type walls. This looks good, except for the sudden
transitions between ajacent cells. If this could be smoothed, or
blurred, it would be all the better.

I'm not sure if this is applicable to the technique demonstrated, but I
hope it is. It would also look good with some of the megapov textures,
like the solid crackles.

Simon