POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov 0.7 bug? : Re: megapov 0.7 bug? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov 0.7 bug?
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 7 Mar 2001 02:56:22
Message: <3AA5E9C7.4FB1756A@aetec.ee>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> When using my IsoWood include on megapov 0.7 it crashes in some cases.  It
> seems to be a problem related to black_hole warps with turbulence.  I
> tried to deactivate the transformable warps patch, the only new thing in
> the warp code, but it does not seem to help.  The problem is reproducible
> occuring always at the same position but at different positions in the
> MSVC and my own (Cygwin) compile.
>
> The problem is not related to isosurfaces, it also occurs with simple
> textures and it vanishes if i comment out the 'turbulence' in the warp
> statement.

Christoph,
try fixes from my site: either download POVMan binary 0.71 or just
corrected files (warps.c is file under question) and recompile them. I
believe that I've found the problem and corrected it. At least Your
isowood demo scene worked OK after these corrections. And let me know,
whether this helped!

POVMan address is:
http://www.aetec.ee/fv/vkhomep.nsf/pages/POVMAN2