POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Fountain : Re: WIP: Fountain Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:29:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Fountain
From: Dan Johnson
Date: 6 Mar 2001 05:51:19
Message: <3AA4C2BC.BF63D4C@hotmail.com>
Duncan Adamson wrote:

> A first attempt at a fountain for a garden scene.
>
> Comments please.

>  [Image]

The dodecahedrons don't seem to be rotated quite like I would expect.  The top
face's are not parallel to the grass, and they don't have a consistent side to
the center of the pool.  When I was making a space frame out of many polyhedra
I discovered placing them accurately takes some effort (mental note pre define
some rotations in my polyhedra include file).

Oops got side tracked, and figured it out instead of sending message.  Well
the rotation depends on what code you are using to create the dodecahedron.
If you are using my include file I already have it figured out.

--
Dan Johnson

http://www.geocities.com/zapob

Post a reply to this message