POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Orange Wedge 2.0 : Re: Orange Wedge 2.0 Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orange Wedge 2.0
From: David Fontaine
Date: 4 Mar 2001 22:50:07
Message: <3AA30C36.70B6614E@faricy.net>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Looks good,

Thanks :)

> but it still lacks reflection and transparency on the interior.

Yeah... I don't know how I would do transparency without media. :( I did
overlap highlights to try and give the appearance of a filmlike layer on top
of a wet layer, but it didn't work as well as I hoped. A hint of reflection
may help, but I'm not sure with such a bumpy normal and uniform coloration.

At any rate though I think the interior improved a lot from the last one.

> BTW, have you actually tried that in real world too? :-)

It made a huge mess! ;)