POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Isosurface and Linux? : Re: Isosurface and Linux? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:26:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface and Linux?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 4 Mar 2001 22:42:54
Message: <3AA30C05.5E2AAEC8@peak.edu.ee>
Simon Lemieux wrote:

> I checked this address out, I didn't get it to work,

You mean you couldn't see the page? Try this instead:
http://members-proxy-1.mmbrprxy.home.net/ceckak/mpov07/

Or if you want, I can send you my own sources and/or binaries (Athlon
optimized). I got them from the same site, only the makefile is slightly
tweaked.

> however I looked on
> Povray.org for an official MegaPOV webpage and found:
> http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

Nathan is the maintainer of the Windows version of MegaPOV, so if you want to
run MegaPOV under Windows this is the place. He also has links to versions for
other platforms, but as far as I can see all his Linux links are for old
versions (0.6 and older, current is 0.7)

Of course full source is available, so you can always cook up your own Linux
makefile and compile.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee