POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Fountain : Re: WIP: Fountain Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Fountain
From: David Fontaine
Date: 2 Mar 2001 17:06:40
Message: <3AA018F9.44F23CE4@faricy.net>
Duncan Adamson wrote:

> A first attempt at a fountain for a garden scene.
>
> Comments please.

(wince) It looks like jpeg really really ate it up bad.

I think some minor tweaking and a lot of patience will pay off. I'd like to
see it progress :)

I think, put finer detail in the grass - more noise in the foreground. Scale
the clouds smaller in the vertical direction, too.

The fountain is interesting... glass/transparent objects will really jump out
and create some great renders with the right lighting/atmosphere (and high
render settings and lots and lots of patience ;).  The spray bothers me
though, it's too broken up...