POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Ice mountain (63kbu) : Re: WIP Ice mountain (63kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Ice mountain (63kbu)
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 1 Mar 2001 08:15:50
Message: <3A9E4B99.8090007@belgacom.net>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> The icy lake?
>
> #declare Ice=
>  texture {
>   // ice
>   pigment {rgbf <0.95,0.95,1,0.6>}
>   finish {
>    ambient 0.3
>    diffuse 0.6
>    reflection_type 1
>    reflection_min 0
>    reflection_max 0.7
>    specular 0.6 roughness 0.008
>   }

Mmmh, I didn't realise it would be so transparent - er - filtering...
N-ice ;-)

Many thanks for the code

>> * I'd like to have a still better feeling of vastness, openness. The
>> space does feel a bit too square and enclosed to my taste... Some wild
>> suggestions : wider image ratio (16:9?),
>

> I'm thinking about moving the camera slightly to the left, keeping the
> look_at the same. Along with a wider ratio should make it feel more open.

:-)

>> remove fence on the far side of water or restrict it
>> to a precise area (so it doesn't feel so enclosed)(is this really a
>> fence on the other side ? It looks way too big to me...?)
>

> Yup, is a fence and it's going.

:-)

>> * I am jealous... I never dream like that ;-(
>

> I seldom remember dreams and when I do I usually remember
> very short undetailed bits. (This morning I remembered dreaming
> about whipping cream, not sure why or in what context...)

I feel better. This morning I remembered about emptying my car's tank on
a 10' drive... I checked the gauge when I got to my car, happily it was
still filled up. Still I would prefer cream-dreams ;-)

Drifting off-topicingly,

Philippe