POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Ice mountain (63kbu) : Re: WIP Ice mountain (63kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Ice mountain (63kbu)
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 1 Mar 2001 07:06:01
Message: <3A9E3B3E.7020401@belgacom.net>
Tom Melly wrote:

>> * aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh blue & jpg !!! Does anybody know a way to solve
>> that ?
>>

> Check out the vfaq -
> http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/filesVFAQ.html#noartifactsinjpeg

Yeah ! Thanks ! I knew the explaination but knew not of cjpeg. It was a
long time since I checked the vfaq.

Actually, the horrible artifacts I saw were the product of the
newsreader I was using.

I am still in search of a good free one for the mac I am using at work.
Just tested Outlook Express Mac Edition (which I could not set to sort
threaded message by date), Netscape 6 (right now - seems unable to show
messages in a readable form and still unable to read images)  &
MT-Newswatcher (still strugling to get ride of horrible image artifacts
and to make it show read message)... any advice ?

Ooops, I do not see a way to set a fu2 p.o.t. on this post... I guess
you'll have to post manually there...

Povingly