POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : New Plugin SDK for Moray V3.3 : Re: New Plugin SDK for Moray V3.3 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Plugin SDK for Moray V3.3
From: Bogdan
Date: 27 Feb 2001 23:11:57
Message: <3A9C7AC5.FE0DD772@yahoo.com>
Hi

Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi Bogdan, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > i wonder if i can write some plugins for Moray in ASM also?
> Sure. If you can create a DLL, there is no reason why you shouldn't be

no problem i can do everything in ASM

> able to do this. You will need to convert the parts of plugin.h that
> you need to ASM, though.

yeah been there :)

> > i wonder if you good guys here need some super fast proggy?
> Hmmm. Nothing I can think of offhand. You're not going to get any
> quicker than OpenGL on hardware support anyway....

ohhh ....but i will be faster :) i allways do :P ...not that i will do
my own OpenGl
(i agree that crossed my mind
)
but you see i do Transformations faster, matrix multiplications and
stuff
....and 2D (line draw faster) and still
keep under my hand all of the power of the Hardware Accelerator video
card...
bottom line i will just do a much faster and smaller proggy...i hope...i
mean
worked until now :)

and hey OpenGl has a lots of bugs and diffrences from board to board
and same does DirectX (eh less but not portable)

...a GDI or DX "software" driver to keep everything fast enough
whould be nice? or maybe much faster CSG evaluate or HUGE RAW files? etc