POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu) : Re: Without extra light (Re: Another city-sight) (42,6 kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Without extra light (Re: Another city-sight) (42,6 kbbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Feb 2001 16:44:03
Message: <3A9ACE1D.F3ED530D@gmx.de>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

> OK, here is a tiny picture without the extra light (and aa). I hope it's
> enough to see what's going on. It is much better than I remembered, but I
> changed some things since I tried it the last time without that additional
> light. And the shadows are still of constant brightness.

It looks as i would have expected it, not too dark IMO.  Maybe make the
main light slightly brighter.

> I still have to try your other suggestions. I'll also try to replace
> background {rgb <0.4,0.4,0.6>} with a big sphere with ambient 0.5 or
> something like that.

That's probably a good idea, ambient 1 diffuse 0 is usual finish.  I never
tried radiosity with only background, even don't know if it has any
effect.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>