POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu) : Re: Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Feb 2001 14:09:43
Message: <3A9AA9E6.A6CCBDED@gmx.de>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

> I'm not happy with that light either, but I couldn't make it work. it's just
> color 0.2, but makes a big difference.  Recursion_limit is at 3. The rest is
> set to the default values (according to your radiosity-tutorial, but I
> copied the settings in the radiosity block). My idea was that the dark slate
> roof absorbs all the radiosity light. Is that possible?

Of course it absorbs a lot of light, but there should still be a lot of
indirect light from the ground.

> I didn't care much about the finishes yet. ambient is set to 0 of course
> (using MegaPov 0.6a). I once tried diffuse 1 which did not much difference
> to the default 0.65. Should I use different settings?

There is not much contrast in your picture in general for an outside
sunlight scene.  Maybe increase the main light source.  Decreasing
error_bound in the radiosity block should make the radiosity effect more
differentiated, but it will not affect the overall brightness.

A sample picture without the additional light sources might help.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>