POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : PVMPOV for win32 : Re: PVMPOV for win32 Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PVMPOV for win32
From: Thomas
Date: 26 Feb 2001 12:36:27
Message: <3A9A9415.BD8B75AE@gmx.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> <<snip>>

> You'll want to include windef.h before frame.h in whatever module has that
> error, unless it's an error that it's including the MS version of frame.h
> instead of the POV version (The MS frame.h is the ethernet frame structure.
> That seems singularly unuseful, even for PVM.)

The impression I had was that frame.h (the MS one) is included from windows.h
orso and not that PVM includes it, but I will have a look at it.

> >I just had a quick scan through the pov source and BYTE is only defined in
> >truetype.c. I have a look at that and see what I can do about it. it
> >probably is the same type as in the Windows *.h files.
>
> windows/config.h probably includes windef.h indirectly.

I don't use the windows POV  source for PVMPOV win32, since I figured that the
render clients don't need screen output and I thought that patching all the
windows code might be a bit complicated.

Thomas