POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : PVMPOV for win32 : Re: PVMPOV for win32 Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PVMPOV for win32
From: Thomas
Date: 26 Feb 2001 08:19:37
Message: <3A9A57E5.F26BEE7E@gmx.net>
> You didn't run into compile problems with Microsoft libraries.  You are
> simply defining types and functions that exist with the same name in the
> Microsoft libraries or that do not exist in the libraries are and used
> in your code.  The problem is in the code, wherever you got it from, and
> the solution is to take a look at the compiler errors and then go to
> _your_ code, look for the symbols the compiler rejected and then fix
> them.  Of course, you have to start with the _first_ error message, not
> the last one you get.  Frequently one error causes another one later on
> because the compiler made an attempt to recover and continue somewhere
> later, but this rarely works.
>
> Look at the output you get:
>
> D:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\include\frame.h(22) : error C2061: syntax
> error : identifier 'BYTE'
>
> So, find out what the problem is with" BYTE" and you are one step
> closer.  "frame.h" is a POV-Ray include file (if it isn't your project's
> include dirs are screwed up), so it has nothing to do with some other
> library.

this frame.h is not a povray include file it is one of the standard windows
include files, it is a microcsoft directory and not in the directory where
the POV sources are.

I just had a quick scan through the pov source and BYTE is only defined in
truetype.c. I have a look at that and see what I can do about it. it
probably is the same type as in the Windows *.h files.