POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POVMan 0.7 available : POVMan 0.7 available Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  POVMan 0.7 available
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 25 Feb 2001 11:11:55
Message: <3A992EDE.68D7CB04@aetec.ee>
Hello!

I've updated my homepage and now it contains POVMan version 0.7. Key
features are as follows:
o Merged with MegaPov 0.7
o contains Bouf's ClothRay patch (program is still named POVMan, as I
couldn't decide, what will be most appropriate name for it... I gave
credit to Bouf where appropriate and I hope that such egocentrism by my
side does not hurt him very much ;-)
o Shading language could now be used for isosurface potential value
calculation. Before it was possible to use pigment, calculated by SL to
create isosurfaces, now SL compiler has specific shader iso_function,
which could calculate potential value. This isosurface calculation
shader has several limitations (only initialized variable is P, point
for which value is calculated and it is not reentrable i.e. user can not
call from such shader methods, which could execute shader again (e.g.
illuminance loops). Latter is for performance purposes)
o minor bug fixes and speed optimizations.
DL address is:
http://www.aetec.ee/fv/vkhomep.nsf/pages/POVMAN2