POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity test (~130kB) : Re: Radiosity test (another image, 150kB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity test (another image, 150kB)
From: Disnel
Date: 24 Feb 2001 11:11:13
Message: <3A97ECEB.7030303@hlavacek-partner.cz>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Maybe some variation in the ceiling light brightness, and make some of
> the lights dark or just dim, like the flourescent lights are going out.
> I've never seen this many lights, all the exact same brightness. Maybe
> have one row turned off, with the cover open on one panel.
> That, and a more interesting texture for the floor...scuff marks,
> stains, etc. The chairs look too even, try making it look like they were
> set up in a hurry. Maybe have one pushed out from the table, like
> someone used it and forgot to push it back in. And the wood texture
> needs some work.

Good ideas, Will try it. This was done in one day, because it was for
my employer and he wanted it in one day. Now I'am playing with it...

> 230h 15min? Ouch...

First render was done in 6h 48min with theese settings

    pretrace_start 0.080
    pretrace_end   0.010
    count 200
    nearest_count 5
    error_bound 0.5
    recursion_limit 2

    low_error_factor .5
    gray_threshold 0.0
    minimum_reuse 0.015
    brightness 1

    adc_bailout 0.01/10

    normal on

Image follows, now I thick, if it was not better .....

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'view5.jpeg.jpg' (151 KB)

Preview of image 'view5.jpeg.jpg'