POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity test (~130kB) : Re: Radiosity test (~130kB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity test (~130kB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Feb 2001 10:08:18
Message: <3A97CE61.6059BAAF@gmx.de>
Disnel wrote:

> Tested POV radiosity with high quality settings:
>
> [...]

Some thoughts:

-nearest_count 20 does not make sense according to the docu, because it's
limited to 10.

-recursion_limit 6 is probably much higher than necessary and uses a lot
of memory and time.  3 should suffice in most situations.

-error_bound 1.0 is quite high.  Lower values could lead to more realistic
shadows below the tables and chairs.

> There are still black artifatcs in scene, I'll try to use always_sample
> no...

Where are those artefacts? I can't see them.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>