POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : PVMPOV for win32 : Re: PVMPOV for win32 Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PVMPOV for win32
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Feb 2001 08:10:25
Message: <3A966142.364F5AE9@gmx.de>
Thomas wrote:

> HI all,
>
> since this seems to be something that comes back from time to time I
> decided to post what I have achieved so far (Not a lot :).
>
> I tried to compile the PVMPOV sources on win32 using the Microsoft
> compiler and the output is in povray.binaries.programming. As you can
> see the compiler finds problems in microsoft suplied .h files. Which I
> assume are not there.

Since PVMPov is usually compiled with gcc under Linux you might try Cygwin
instead of the MS-Compiler.

A quick Web search for 'Cygwin AND PVM' finds quite some things, for
example:

ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/ports/

Containing the complete PVM package for Cygwin.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>