POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pre . . . Fib Beads : Re: pre . . . Fib Beads Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pre . . . Fib Beads
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Feb 2001 15:43:08
Message: <3A9579DA.6B3A51C8@gmx.de>
yooper wrote:

> Grrrrrrr . . . . .
>
>   My email server here is dropping me out when I try to upload
>   anything > 100K . . .
>   Tried to use AOL to access the group but they do not see POVray.org
>   as being one of their newsgroups so . . . ???
>   If anyone knows how I can use AOL to post here, please let me know . . .
>   here or in new users if that's better.
>   Will eventually find a way to post the pic here in this thread.
>   Even if I have to jjpg it to some small size.
>   Sorry . . . sure would like to get this worked out.

You should not need email server or other things from your provider, just
set your newsreader to use news.povray.org as newsserver and it should
work.  No provider should have the povray newsgroup on it's newsserver.
See the postings in povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions for
details.

Furthermore it should rarely be necessary to post pictures larger than
100k.  When looking trough older posts you will recognize that most
pictures posted here are smaller.  If you want to show a higher quality
(png) pict, you might consider putting it on a website instead and posting
the link.

Nice picture BTW, i remember some similar pictures, not with fibonacci,
using megapov's eval_pigment to display pictures.  Who is Lea?

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>