POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB) : Re: Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Feb 2001 09:43:47
Message: <3A9525A0.5B2D79D8@gmx.de>
Cris Williams wrote:

> The wood textured plane is just something I picked at random to slide under
> the wheels at this point.  But your right, I could have picked a less
> distracting texture.  Another question about radiousity - since I'm using
> Moray, the Pov code doesn't have the "#version unofficial MegaPOV 0.6;" line
> in it.  Will the radiousity be Pov-style or MegaPov-style without it?  At
> this point I'm not using any MegaPov-specific features (but I do want
> MegaPov radiosity).

Megapov docu, section: Enabling MegaPov Features:
"Backwards compatibility is not available for radiosity."

meaning that it always uses megapov radiosity.

Anyway using old style radiosity settings will not give any reasonable
results so you will probably not be able to avoid editing the files
manually.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>