POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Palace of the Soviets update : Re: Palace of the Soviets update Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Palace of the Soviets update
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 20 Feb 2001 23:18:54
Message: <3A9341F9.58299DB7@istar.ca>
Francois Labreque wrote:

> Obligatory nitpick:  there should be some stuff on the roof (air ducts,
> chimneys, staircases, elevator motors, KGB satellite dishes, Snipers, i
> don't know...

I agree...

Most of the roof will be covered in more building (essentially all the
rear square portion), but I agree that the front arms look a little
bare.

Here I'm in a little dillemma. I'm essentially building a building that
was never actually built. Not only wasn't it built, but it was designed
so that it could never actually be built. Since it's a mythical
building, I'm a bit hesitent to apply practical engineering to it. If I
try to make the rooftop realistic, I'd feel the need to make the rest of
the building realistic, and that would mean scrapping most of the
original design entirely.

Still, the roof is bare. I'm thinking of adding nice glass skylights.

Simon