POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Camera position help : Re: Camera position help Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera position help
From: John VanSickle
Date: 20 Feb 2001 03:13:01
Message: <3A922757.17B64A7A@hotmail.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> I guess you mean direction y there. Keep in mind that the use of the
> direction keyword is somewhat outdated. Use angle instead and forget
> about direction at all.

In order to place things so that they will always appear at a certain
spot in front of the camera (subtitling, for instance), it is needful
to calculate the up, right, direction, and location vectors, and the
length of the direction vector as well.  Since I've already gone to
this trouble, I simply use these vectors to declare the camera.

Regards,
John