POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chipped Marbles. (20K) : Re: Chipped Marbles. (20K) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chipped Marbles. (20K)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 18 Feb 2001 23:14:06
Message: <3A909D36.630541E2@faricy.net>
I think the left one is much better. Glass is pretty resistant to deformation,
at a certain level of stress it'll just break.

From what I remember of my marbles, back before I lost 'em, the colored part is
much more two-dimensional. What I would do; imagine spinning a disc to make a
sphere, but instead of tracing out infinite copies of the disc, trace out some
number like three. Then take this whole thing and twist it around the same axis
you spun the disc around, so you get a multiple helix thing, with edges along a
sphere or ellipsoid.