POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : I was staring at the Sun logo and ... : Re: I was staring at the Sun logo and ... Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I was staring at the Sun logo and ...
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 17 Feb 2001 22:50:14
Message: <3A8F4680.2977C058@interlog.com>
> I like this.  Brings back memories from a previous lifetime for me....
>
> Unfortunately in my new life as a paranoid fool I don't allow scripting in
> messages so I had to look at the source to extract the core link:

Sorry.  I thought that would be a nice way to get the movie to "pop up"
for people.

> http://www.interlog.com/~dclarke/povray/animate/sun64_12fps_compressed.mov
>
> Good stuff, simple but elegant.  Sorta makes me dizzy :-)

I am going to do it again with some sort of height field for "ground"
and a somewhat different approach to handling the clock.  I still want
to move around the logo but I'd like it to stop for a split second with
the complete logo facing the camera.  I'm still not sure how to get the
edges right as per :

http://www.interlog.com/~dclarke/povray/animate/nvram_banner.html

Dennis