POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov 0.7 with Cygwin : Re: megapov 0.7 with Cygwin Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov 0.7 with Cygwin
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 14 Feb 2001 12:24:07
Message: <3A8ABF05.9FD11A74@reading.ac.uk>
Jordan Ellis wrote:
> If the PovRay source (generic Unix version) is not *nix/posix-dependant,
> you should be able to compile it with the -mno-cygwin flag (or something to
> that effect...) to remove any Cygwin dll dependancies.
> Jordan

This was what I meant.

I think you have to install an extra zip file from the web site to be
able to use this compiler flag (unless thye have integrated it further
for the latest versions), but it effectively performs a MinGW32 compile
rather than a Cygwin compile.
It may make no difference to the performance of the compiled code, but
users wouldn't have to worry about having the correct Cygwin DLL on
their system ...

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.