POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov 0.7 with Cygwin : Re: megapov 0.7 with Cygwin Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov 0.7 with Cygwin
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Feb 2001 12:42:20
Message: <3A8971FB.6CBD370E@gmx.de>
Michael Andrews wrote:

> Is this compile with the Cygwin DLL dependencies on or off? I was just
> wondering if there would be a difference in speed between the two.

Yes, you need the DLL for running it.  I don't even know how to do it
without, but there would also be legal problems i think.

> I must get around to downloading the latest Cygwin ... I think I'm still
> running v1.1.2 ...

I don't know if it works with that version.  I'm using 1.1.7.  Anyway for
running it you only need the DLL and not the complete packages.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>