POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pacific Sunset : Re: Pacific Sunset Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pacific Sunset
From: Dan Johnson
Date: 12 Feb 2001 19:39:02
Message: <3A8883A5.2C418E07@hotmail.com>
Richard Morton wrote:

> Strange how we don't try and correct natures imperfections (e.g. lens
> flare - the picture also implies the existence of the camera and a hexagonal
> aperture) as that would then appear less perfect (and for anyone who would
> dispute that lens flare is a natural phenomenon, my definition of nature
> includes humanity and it's meddlings).

    Personally I would like to see the earth from space with my own eyes.  I
don't usually see a lens flare when I look around so I see the lens flare as an
artifact of my not being there.  Since POV-Ray does not put in a lens flare by
default I feel that the artist took effort to make me feel like I wasn't there.
I would go the other direction and try to make it seem more real instead of less
real.  For example you could make the frame of a window visible, or maybe the
interior of a space suit helmet.

--
Dan Johnson

http://www.geocities.com/zapob