POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Question : Re: Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question
From: Josh English
Date: 12 Feb 2001 14:39:10
Message: <3A883C27.3C90B74F@spiritone.com>
When I jumped into VRML a few years ago (and I jumped out for various
reasons) it seemed that background images could be mapped to a sphere, and
POV-Ray can do that easily.  The last I saw in VRML, it was a text based
language, so getting POV-Ray to write VRML ready files shouldn't be too
hard.Just look up the #read and #write directives in the docs

Plus, Crossroads lists both POV_Ray and VRML1 and 2 in it's support list.
http://home.europa.com/%7Ekeithr/Crossroads/index.html

and I found one tool to go from VRML to POV-Ray
http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/paul/vrml2pov/

I'll put this on my list of things to explore for the Cyclopedia.

Josh

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac
eng### [at] spiritonecom