POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Display Interface : Re: Alien Display Interface Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Display Interface
From: John VanSickle
Date: 12 Feb 2001 01:54:32
Message: <3A8788C8.2956C390@hotmail.com>
Darcy Johnston wrote:

> "October" <oct### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > Looks good so far Darcy!
>
> Thanks.
>
> > About the only thing I would suggest is using a truly "alien" type
> > font, perhaps.
>
> Can you suggest where I may find such a font.  This was the closest I
> could find. :)

It can be better to model the text as separate objects (or paint them
by hand if you're using an image map).

As for what letters to make, simply draw something that the aliens had
at some point in their early culture.  Simplify the drawing until it
has as few strokes of the pen as a typical letter.  Repeat.

Regards,
John