POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I want holidays ! (final) : Re: I want holidays ! (final) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I want holidays ! (final)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Feb 2001 17:00:24
Message: <3A870B79.A4ECA1B1@gmx.de>
Pascal Baillehache wrote:

> well if you tell me where to find an accurate description of df3 format
> (I've never used it), I could surely add an output function for it.

Just look in the Pov docu for 'Density_File'

> why not, I think I must keep working on it first until I have a stable
> release, then I could look for interaction with POV's functions. I've never
> looked POV source, but if there is a way to have primitive surface's
> coordinates and normals (I can't believe there is not) it will surely be
> easy to do. I promise I will think about it.

The 'trace' function is probably what you are looking for, it works just
like 'trace' in megapov.

I had a look at the program and did not understand much, because i don't
know C++, but it looks interesting.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>