POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help, Height Field visual error? : Re: Help, Height Field visual error? Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help, Height Field visual error?
From: Ken
Date: 9 Feb 2001 03:02:13
Message: <3A83A3F0.F17334D7@pacbell.net>
David Whatley wrote:

> "Mick Hazelgrove" <mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have found that in addition to Ken's suggestion, adding a normal will
> > solve the problem.
> >
> > Mick
> >

> I'm sorry, my limited experience with POV must be showing.  I was under the
> impression that there were normals on the resulting mesh.  If not, it would
> not generate any of it accurate, right?   What would the syntax be for
> adding a normal?

> For reference, here is the code and I've attached a more pathological
> example:

Adding a normal is easy to add and gives you a lot of options to work
with. Any pattern that works as a pigment also works within a normal
statement. I tested this example with the .png you sent me and it
effectively removed the problem you were seeing (although I did go
a bit overboard with it - YMMV).

See below for a simple example -

 height_field
 {