POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Texturing Site : Re: Texturing Site Server Time
2 Jun 2024 10:48:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texturing Site
From: Duncan Adamson
Date: 8 Feb 2001 07:08:59
Message: <3A828C5B.EBDFD81F@doc.ic.ac.uk>
Seeing as response has been good so far, how about some textures then?

I agree with Ben that the textures should be ranked by render time on a
standard scene. (Anyone got any better ideas than the following?)

1) Sky textures simply as sky-spheres (obvious)
2) Ground textures on a simple plane
3) Other textures on a simple sphere.

Now to specifics,

I am a purist at heart and hate image_maps so I feel the site should only
contain procedural textures.

I would like to see a freesource site where anyone can use the textures
for any purpose and can see no way to stop people from using any textures
in this way.  Therefore the only copywrite I can suggest is that a user
makes a mention of the author.  however if anyone has any particular
copywrite issues mention them to me(I make no guaruntees).

Anyone wanting to submit me a texture(anything from simple rgb values to a
full blown 30 page texture) please send me a .inc file along with any
particular copywrite specifics (bear in mind i am not a laywer so be kind)
to dja### [at] docicacuk.

Duncan Adamson
dja### [at] docicacuk

PS Any bright ideas, please mention them to me.

PPS I sent this mail and the previous one to p.t.t, p.b.i and p.t.s-f.  I
thought they were all valid for this topic but if anyone has thinks this
is off-topic for any of these please let me know.

PPS This won't work if no one sends anything so lets see some community
spirit(did I just say that?)