POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Wanna see my clothes ? : Re: Wanna see my clothes ? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanna see my clothes ?
From: Christophe Bouffartigue
Date: 7 Feb 2001 02:54:03
Message: <3A80FF1A.C3FBD85C@nanterre.marelli.fr>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> I just compiled it with Cygwin, you can get it at:
>
> http://www.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de/~chris/raytracing.html
>
> I found it quite difficult to use, maybe you could think about changing
> the way it is used to something similar to Warp's tesselation patch.  Some
> functions could probably even be identical in both patches.

Thanks a lot. I think that your Windows version will be much appreciated
at the french newsgroup...

For the syntax, I'm not sure I am able to do something similar to Warp's
tesselation.
Implementation as a function was *very* easy (copy-paste of the trace()
function parsing code).

The advantage of generating a file with a bunch of points is that you
can do whatever you want with these points, not only a mesh (I'm
currently thinking of making a lying dress, with 2 parallel copy of the
points and a transmap....)

And I don't think I will do anything more until the end of the current
IRTC round (for which the patch was wrote...)

Bouf.