POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wristwatch (188 kb) : Re: Wristwatch (188 kb) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wristwatch (188 kb)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 6 Feb 2001 15:26:39
Message: <3A805E9B.614D156@peak.edu.ee>
Patrick Dugan wrote:

> I haven't dropped any images on here before so I thought I might see what
> people thought.  This was done entirely within the Povray editor, no other
> programs involved.

A very lovely watch, wish I could afford it.
The reflection works nicely to enhance the look of the finish, but it makes me
wonder whether the watch is supposed to be horizontal or vertical. If it is
vertical, as the image suggests, I'd expect the lower half of the glass to
reflect the ground, not the trees. Just pointless nitpicking, though.
Also, IMO the hands are too white, makes them look plastic (presumably they are
gold or silver, I somehow doubt a Lange watch would have any truck with plastics
:)

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee