POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Train : Re: Train Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Train
From: Michael L  Fisher
Date: 2 Feb 2001 09:29:18
Message: <3A7AC4CD.24A83830@hr.upenn.edu>
It took about 30-45 minutes with an Athlon 750 MHz processor using a
only a max_trace level of 6 and disp_nelems set at 7 which are kind of
sucky settings.  It would probably take a lot longer if I used really
good settings.

I want to do a high quality render of this at a resolution of 1280x1024
along with better photon sampling eventually.  The photons in this
rendering are kind of spotty.

Rendering with refractive dispersion is almost like taking me back to
the old days.  Even with a 750 MHz processor it still takes forever.
Can't wait until we reach the level of 100 GHz processors. :)